Monday, December 1, 2008

All I Want For Christmas is a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

All I Want For Christmas is a Vampire is a fun read. It is "Vampires Lite," in the same vein (LOL) as the Lynsay Sands vampire books. This is the 5th in the series but you could probably catch on without a problem if you haven't read the previous books. It was nice to see some of the characters from other books, though, especially the intriguing half-vampire toddler Constantine.

I liked the hero, Ian MacPhie, very much. Of course what's not to like about a gorgeous Scottish vampire looking for his soul mate? He thinks she will be a vampire--ha. Toni, the heroine, is great but I do wish she had gotten to kick ass more. She is hired as a guard and is supposedly a very good fighter but we don't get to see that. I did like how brave she was, how loyal she was and how she seemed real.

There is just enough angst and action in the book to keep things interesting, but the emphasis is definitely on the romance and the humor. I'd rate this book 7.5 out of 10.

No comments: