Friday, December 19, 2008

Possessed by the Highlander by Terri Brisbin

If you're in the mood for a Scottish historical, Possessed by the Highlander is an excellent choice. The story is a variation of the forced marriage plot, but it is much more than that implies.

The strength of this book is in the characters and their growth. The plot is minimal, with little action other than in the beginning and end of the book, but it kept me mesmerized. The hero and heroine felt very real and I was really rooting for them. I liked that the hero was known as the Peacemaker and was not the usual warrior Highlander. I really liked the ending which I felt was quite unusual and very satisfying. The story made me tear up three or four times, which is an indication of how good the writing is.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an insightful Scottish medieval romance, and I'll rate it 7.5 out of 10.

No comments: