Friday, December 12, 2008

Moving Target by Cheyenne McCray

I'm a fan of McCray's paranormal Magic series, but this is the first of her romantic suspense books that I've read. It is a straight romantic suspense, no paranormal elements, but if you're in the mood for a fast paced book with a lot of action and steamy sex, this fits the bill.

The suspense never let up and there was a nicely done sense of imminent danger throughout the book. This is the book's strongest point. The characters were interesting, but I had trouble empathizing with them. This is surprising, since the characters in the Magic series are so well done. I also wondered why the author let the cat out of the bag about the heroine's sister being alive at the beginning of the book, but maybe it was to keep us wondering when Ani would find out. I also was disappointed that Ani's sister, Jennifer, did not exactly have a happy ending.

I will look for McCray's other romantic suspense books, but my favorites are her paranormals. I'll rate Moving Target a 7.0 out of 10.

No comments: