Sunday, September 14, 2008

Heart Fate by Robin D. Owens

Owens is one of my very favorite authors. She writes beautiful romantic fantasy. Most of her books are set on the world of Celta and her world building is fascinating down to the smallest detail. Most of the people on Celta have magical power (called Flair) and many have animal companions (called Fams.)

I've read all of the books in this series and they are all great reads. My favorite of them all is Heart Thief, which brought me to tears several times. The books all have a happy ending, where two Heart Mates find each other.

What I like about this book:
Although Heart Fate is the 7th book in the series, it does not feel stale. It deals with the usual Heart Mates and how they find each other and find happiness, but it also deals with more serious issues of divorce and abuse. There was also more information about the sentient residences, which was very interesting. I did tear up a couple times because the emotion was so intense. Although there was not a great deal of action, there was a huge amount of growth of both the hero and the heroine which was very satisfying to watch. I wish I didn't have to wait so long for the next book in the series!

I'd rate this book a 9 out of 10.

1 comment:

Beeb said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to say hi, and thanks for entering my giveaway! Good luck! :)

-Beeb