Thursday, October 16, 2008

Unbound by Lori Devoti

Unbound is a book in Harlequin's Nocturne (paranormal) line. I've read several of these now and they vary a lot in quality. Some have been quite good, some average and a couple were really awful (those were early ones, though, maybe they were still learning what would work.)

I'm glad to say Unbound is one of the good ones. It features a Hellhound named Risk as the hero, which is interesting and original. Not to mention sexy as hell. The heroine, Kara, is a witch, but she doesn't realize that at the beginning of the book. There's a lot going on in this book and it moves quickly, perhaps too quickly particularly at the end which felt a bit rushed to me though it was happy. The hero and heroine were really the focus, the secondary characters were fairly standard (well, not the giant snake guy, he was cool.) The originality of the paranormal elements and the way Risk and Kara grew and changed during the story were the high points for me.

I'd rate this book 7 out of 10 and would love to read about more Hellhounds.

1 comment:

Beeb said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. Good luck! :)