Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke

Dragons are sexy, no question about it. I love the recent dragon shape-shifter trend. Kiss of Fire is the first in the Dragonfire series by Deborah Cooke. It's also the first book by this author that I've read.

This was a very good read, with an interesting take on dragons. I liked the dragon lore and hope the author builds on that in her next book. Her next book is Kiss of Fury and features one of the secondary characters in this book, so it is probably best to read them in order.

What I liked about this book:
Pretty much everything. I think the best parts were the hero Quinn and heroine Sara. I loved them both and found it easy to root for them. They both grew during the book, which was very gratifying. I admired the way the smallest details were there for a reason and the way Cooke made the dragon society believeable.

I'd rate this book an 8 out of 10.

No comments: