Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Demon's Kiss by Maggie Shayne

I've read a few books by Maggie Shayne and Demon's Kiss is my favorite. It is part of her Wings in the Night vampire series, but you don't have to read them in order.

There was one thing about this book that might be perceived as a flaw by some. Instead of the story being focused solely on the hero and heroine, this book focused on a group of people. There was one love story that was emphasized a bit more than other story lines that featured a newly made vampire and a fox shape-shifter (also a newly made vampire.)

What I liked about this book:
The characters were fascinating. They were all unique and interesting, even the "bad" ones. The plot was fast moving and original, and full of surprises. There were some nice touches of humor and also some parts that tugged at my emotions.

I'd rate this book 7 out of 10 and look forward to reading the next in the series, Lover's Bite.

No comments: