Monday, February 9, 2009

Tanner's Scheme by Lora Leigh

Tanner's Scheme is another in Leigh's Feline Breeds series. The series features a world like ours but with genetically engineered beings who were created to be the perfect soldier. Of course some humans want to eliminate them since they've broken free and made a life for themselves. One of the main enemies of the Breeds is the heroine's father.

I enjoyed this book very much, but I did find the heroine's name, Scheme, annoying as hell. I also thought there was a period after the hero Tanner kidnaps Scheme and is holding her prisoner where the book got bogged down for a short period. Other than those two minor points, this book is a fast paced, action filled, steamy romance. The paranormal elements are fascinating, but I think there is more focus in the book on the suspense and action. There were twists and turns and a very nerve-wracking and emotional ending. Of course, with any Lora Leigh book, you know there will be very erotic love scenes.

I'll rate this book 7.5 out of 10 and I can't wait to read her new Coyote Breeds books, Soul Deep and Coyote's Mate.

No comments: