Monday, August 17, 2009

Hunter's Salvation by Shiloh Walker

This is the 10th in Walker's Hunters series and follows Hunting the Hunter, which I reviewed in December. As I said in that review, you don't have to read them in order to figure out what's going on.

Vax is a powerful witch who has retired from being a Hunter. Jess is a psychic who is trying to find her sister's killer. I liked Vax in Hunting the Hunter where he was a minor character, so was glad to read his story. Jess was interesting because of her psychic ability as well as her minor telekinetic skill, and I had to admire her determination and bravery, but otherwise she wasn't my favorite heroine.

The book moves very quickly and has quite a bit of sexual tension. The bad guys are appropriately chilling, and we get some of their viewpoints, so it makes the ending even more powerful. The last fifty pages were the best part of the book--very exciting, satisfying and emotional. There's a twist at the end that I didn't see coming at all.

I liked Hunting the Hunter a little bit more than Hunter's Salvation, probably because I liked the hero and heroine better, and I'll rate Hunter's Salvation 7.0 out of 10. I look forward to reading more books in the series.

No comments: