Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Secret Life of a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

Secret Life of a Vampire is the 6th in Sparks' Love at Stake vampire series. They are in the "Vampire Lite" category and the funny vampire bachelor party scene that starts the book is a perfect example of why I enjoy these stories.

It's not all fun and games and fooling the humans, though. There's an interesting story line involving disappearing young college women that has some surprises. The heroine, Lara Boucher, is a police officer and she gets to show what she can do. She really shines in the last part of the book when she's sent undercover to solve the mystery. She's brave, smart and someone who would make a great friend.

The hero, Jack, is the son of Casanova (yes, THE Casanova), so you can imagine the problems that causes. He's your typical strong, protective vampire whose best quality is his devotion to Lara. Although I liked him a lot, I felt he didn't have as much personality as Lara.

This is not my favorite in the series, but it is a fun, fast read and I look forward to the next in the series. I'll rate it 7.5 out of 10.

No comments: